A tasty Finnish casserole of cabbage and minced meat.
- oil spray
- 75 g onion (approx, chopped)
- 300 g white cabbage (finely chopped)
- 150 g lean beef mince
- 50 g rice (before cooking)
- 0.5 beef stock cube
- black pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 ml low fat milk
- 20 g low fat cheese grated (no more than 60kcal for 20g)
- Use spray oil to oil the wok or non-stick pan
- Add finely cut cabbage and a little bit of hot water from the kettle
- Add chopped onion, mince meat, ½ beef stock cube and black pepper
- Stir frequently and let all the ingredients cook until soft.
- In a separate saucepan cook the rice. When rice is soft add to the cabbage mixture.
- Slightly oil an oven dish and pour the cooked cabbage mince/rice mixture in it.
- In a deep plate mix egg and milk together and pour over the cabbage mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over this and place the dish in an oven 200 degrees celsius for 10min until cheese has gained nice brownish colour.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad