Go the extra mile for dinner with this delicious fish dish.
- 420 g tuna steaks
- 460 g fresh tagliatelle (115g per person)
- 200 g fresh mussels
- 200 g fresh clams
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 ml cream
- 2 shallots
- 300 g purple broccoli floret’s (normal broccoli will do)
- 2tsp chopped thyme
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 200 g grated parmesan
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to the boil and add a drop of olive.
- Now add your fresh pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes before straining, seasoning and setting to one side.
- Heat a wide base pan (ensure you have a lid to fit) and drizzle a little olive oil over it. Now add the shallots garlic and thyme followed by the white wine.
- Bring the wine to the boil and add the mussels and clams.
- Place a lid on top and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to open.
- Now add the cream and broccoli and continue to boil with the lid off for another 2-3 minutes or until the cream begins to thicken.
- Now add the parmesan cheese a little squeeze of lemon and season.
- Add the pre cooked pasta to this pot now and turn it well in order to get the sauce all the way through the pasta.
- To cook the Tuna simply drizzle a little olive oil on each side and season on each side.
- Place on a hot pan, a char grill pan is better but certainly not essential. A 200g steak will only take 2-3 minutes each side to cook medium, which is the best way to eat tuna but continue to cook if you prefer a more well done piece of fish.
- To present this dish, curl the pasta with a fork and place in a large bowl along side the tuna steak.
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese and where possible arrange a few of the mussels and clams neatly around the plate.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce