Delicious fish set off by champagne beurre blanc.
- 2 fillets of turbot
- handful spinach
- 30 g garden peas
- 300 g baby potatoes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tblsp finely chopped parsley
- 200 ml champagne/prosecco
- 75 ml cream
- 40 g butter (in small cubes)
- First prepare the crushed potatoes. Scrub the potatoes, put them in a saucepan of cold water, add a good bit of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Leave to boil for 15 minutes and then drain. Crush the potatoes with the underside of a fork until the skin splits and you are left with an assortment of different sized pieces. Dress the potatoes with the olive oil, the freshly squeezed lemon juice and parsley. Keep warm.
- To make the champagne beurre blanc, start by placeing the champagne in a saucepan and bringing to the boil. Lower heat and simmer the champagne to reduce by half. Add in the cream and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the butter cube by cube and stir to give the sauce a brilliant gleam.
- To prepare the spinach and peas, place the spinach in a small frying pan with a little butter and allow the heat to wilt the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. The peas can be cooked in the same way.
- Season the turbot fillets with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the fillets flesh side down and fry for two minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip over the fillets and fry with the skin side down for one minute.
- Turn the fillets one more time onto the flesh side and add a knob of butter to give the fillets a beautiful golden colour.
- Just before turning off the heat, squeeze the juice of half a lemon onto the fillets. Be sure to be leaning back slightly as the lemon juice may cause a flambé!
- To serve, carefully pile the crushed potatoes using a chef’s ring in the middle of a warmed plate. Place a layer of the wilted spinach on the potatoes and then the turbot with the golden flesh side up. Scatter some peas around the potato, spinach and turbot tower. Drizzle the champagne beurre blanc on the fish and around the tower.
More by Ju Kim:
- Roast Rib of Beef
- Chocolate Soufflé served with Vanilla Ice Cream and Warm Chocolate Sauce
- Squid with Black Pudding Stuffing and Tomato and Herb Sauce