A great way to prepare the humble potato.
- 250 g mashed potato
- 100 ml potato water
- 125 ml cream
- 35 g olive oil
- 40 g egg yolk
- 30 g boiling water
- spanish onion (sliced)
- 50 ml olive oil
- Dice a cook the potato in boiling salted water for approximately 20mins. Strain reserving the cooking liquid.
- Put the potatoes plus 100g of cooking liquid into a food processor and blend until smooth, gradually add the cream and the oil until the ingredients are emulsified.
- Fry the sliced onion in olive oil until it turns a nice golden colour and keep warm.
- For the sabayon whisk the yolk and water over a ban-Marie until it trebles in volume.
- To serve spoon the onions into the bottom off a serving dish top with the sabayon and cover with the hot potato foam.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch