A dish that is sure to please your guests!
- 250 g ratte potatoes
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75 ml milk
- cabbage shredded
- 100 g duck/goose fat
- smoked bacon rashers
- 100 ml ver jus
- 100 ml white port
- john dory fillets
- large maris piper potato
- celery salt
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, peel and mash and add the olive oil and the milk.
- Melt the duck fat and add the chopped rashers and allow to infuse for 30 seconds. Then turn up the heat and add the cabbage with two tablespoons off water and cook until tender.
- Reduce the ver jus and port until it becomes a sharp sticky syrup and allow to cool.
- Fry the john dory fillets in olive oil add salt and pepper and a little lemon juice.
- For the crisps:
- Thinly slice the potatoes.
- Place in the deep fat fryer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with celery salt.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch