A great combination of flavours.
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 ripe pears (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 1 oz ground almonds
- 1 oz chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 oz icing sugar
- ingredients for ginger cream:
- 0.5 pint double cream
- 1 piece of crystallised ginger in sugar syrup (finely chopped - available in all supermarkets)
- Melt 2ozs butter in a heavy based frying pan.
- Stir in the sugar and add pears and cook on a medium heat until the pears are soft.
- Melt remaining butter and brush some of the butter over one sheet of filo pastry and sprinkle with sugar, a little cinnamon, ground almonds and hazelnuts and repeat with remaining layers of filo pastry.
- Cut the pastry into 8 pieces and put onto a pre-heated baking tray in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 4 minutes.
- Whip the cream and ginger together.
- On a plate place one piece of filo pastry, then a pear, drizzle some sauce over it and top with ginger cream.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones