A quick and tasty appetiser.
- 1 cooked duck leg with skin and meat separated
- selection of salad (watercress, rocket, spinach etc)
- pinch of five spice powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- splash of raspberry vinegar
- teaspoon of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- raspberry coulis
- Cut duck skin into small pieces. Fry skin on a high heat until brown and crispy (Be careful as pan can flame at this point. Simply take off heat and blow flames out).
- Add duck meat. After one minute add a pinch of salt and pepper and a small pinch of five spice powder.
- Then add honey. After thirty seconds add a teaspoon of raspberry vinegar. Leave cook for about twenty seconds.
- Separate the duck between two plates and drizzle the salad with olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice and place over duck neatly.
- Spoon coulis around the salad and serve.