Serve with sauté or puréed potatoes and a selection of vegetables.
- 2 black sole
- 150 g unsalted butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- plain flour
- small handful of mixed herbs( parsley, thyme, marjoram)
- oil for frying
- Flour both sides of the fish. Heat a large frying pan with a drop of the oil until quite hot.
- Add a pinch of salt to the pan and then fry the fish on what was the dark side first. Fry for about 6-7 minutes.
- Turn over and place under medium grill. Meanwhile mix the butter, herbs and lemon juice together.
- After about 3 minutes under the grill add half the herb and lemon butter to the flesh of the Sole. Continue to grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with Sauté or puréed potatoes and what ever selection of veg you wish. I used Carrots, green beans and asparagus.