A baked key lime pie is more interesting than a refridgerated version.
- for the base:
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits (crushed into crumbs)
- 50 g butter (melted)
- for the filling:
- juice and zest 4 limes
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 24cm springform tin
- Mix the biscuit crumbs and the melted butter and press into a greased springform tin.
- Bake this at 170°C for 20 mins leave to cool fully.
- Mix the filling ingredients together with an electric whisk until you achieve a nice thick consistency.
- Pour this over the base and leave to set for several hours.
- Use a blow torch or a knife to run around the tin to remove it careful, if you remove the pie too soon it will collapse.
More by Valerie O'Connor:
- Pork Belly Confit in Five Spice and Cider
- Vietnamese Caramel Ginger Chicken
- Tarte Tatin with Lemon Curd Ice Cream