A perfect family meal, that won't break the budget!
- 4 portions of chicken legs/thighs
- 1 tin chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 0.5 large onion
- 1 parsnip (chopped)
- 350 ml chicken stock
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pan fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Dice all the vegetables in uniform patterns and add these to the frying pan with the crushed garlic and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the chicken stock at this stage and bring the entire mixture to the boil.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the casserole dish and transfer to the oven 180°C (350°F/Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the chicken is coming away easily from the bone or when the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the chicken.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with fluffy long grain rice.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show