An unusual combination of tastes that works a treat!
- 150 g wholemeal flour (or 75 g wholemeal flour and 75 g plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 85 g butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 medium carrot (finely grated)
- 60 g drained canned crushed pineapple
- 1 tblsp pineapple juice (from the can)
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 50 g raisins (chopped for smaller children)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350 °F/Gas 4/Fan 160°C).
- Line two mini muffin tins with paper cases (or eight holes of regular muffin tin).
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the melted butter, vanilla, egg, carrot, pineapple and juice, coconut and sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones, along with the raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases(three – quarters full) and bake for 12-14 minutes( for mini muffins) or 20 minutes (for larger muffins), until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.