Perfect party food.
- 200g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 100 ml milk (plus one tbsp for dipping)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp fresh tyme leaves
- 1 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 25 g rice krispies
- 15 g mature cheddar (finely grated)
- 1 tblsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 4 tblsp flour
- 3-4 tbsp sunflower oil (for frying)
- salt and black pepper (to season)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1.5 cm cubes and put in a bowl. Mix together the milk, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt and come black pepper (the mixture will separate a little from the lemon juice but this is ok), and pour over the chicken.
- Cover, and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours overnight.
- Put the Rice Krispies in a food processor and whiz until reduced to fine crumbs.
- Add the cheeses plus salt and pepper to taste, and whiz to combine.
- Transfer to a large plate.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl with a tablespoon of milk. Mix the flour with a little salt and pepper, and spread out on a large plate.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, shaking off any excess.
- Toss in the seasoned flour then dip in the egg and roll in the rice Krispie coating.
- Put the oil in a large on stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the nuggets for a 2-3 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and cool slightly before serving.