Serve with cups of tea for a heavenly afternoon snack.
- 50 g butter
- 40 g soft light brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g wholemeal flour
- 30 g rolled oats
- 0.25 tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- 0.25 tsp salt
- a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 30 g raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4/ Fan 160°C).
- Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Form into balls using one tablespoon of the mixture and arrange spaced apart on two baking sheets lined with non- stick baking parchment.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until golden.
- Allow to firm up a little before lifting on to a wire rack to cool completely.