- 4 monkfish fillets
- 2 spanish onions
- 8 spring onions
- 2 large shallots
- 50 g butter
- 100 g cream
- 100 g flour
- 65 g corn flour
- 30 g baking powder
- sparkling water
- Slice one Spanish onion and cook slowly in butter in a small saucepan until completely soft. When soft add the cream boil and blend until a smooth puree.
- For the crumb, slice the shallots really finely and deep fry at 160c until golden brown then leave in a warm place until they completely dry out. When dry, chop the shallots into a fine crumb.
- For the tempura, mix the flour, corn flour and baking powder together and add the cold sparkling water until it becomes a nice batter consistency.
- Slice the remaining Spanish onion into large rings dip into the batter and fry at 180°C.
- To Serve:
- Fry the monkfish fillets in olive oil for 2-3 minutes either side and roll in shallot crumb.
- Put a pool of onion puree in the centre of each serving plate. Top with monkfish and onion rings and grilled spring onions.