- 125 g carrots (peeled)
- 125 g floury potatoes (peeled)
- Chop the carrots & potatoes into small pieces.
- Put in a steamer or colander set over boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Alternatively, place in a pan and pour over just enough boiling water to cover and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until soft.
- Blend the vegetables to a puree using some of the liquid from the bottom of the steamer or pan.
- Spoon a little puree into your baby’s bowl and serve lukewarm. Pour the remainder into sterilised ice-cube trays.
- For variation, you can substitute other root vegetables, such as parsnip or swede. Chop, cook and blend as described above.