Stir-Fried Rainbow Vegetables with Lettuce Cups
Are you read to Wok?
- 100 g carrots
- 100 g tinned bamboo shoots
- 100 g courgettes
- 100 g celery heart
- 100 g red or green pepper (about 1)
- 100 g pressed seasoned bean curd
- 15 g chinese dried mushrooms
- 225 g iceberg lettuce
- 1.50 tblsp oil (preferably groundnut)
- 1 tblsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 3 tblsp finely chopped shallot
- 3 tblsp finely chopped spring onion
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tblsp oyster sauce
- 0.50 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp freshly ground or 5 peppercorn or black pepper
- dried bean thread noodles (fried in oil and drained)
- 4 tblsp hoisin sauce
- Peel and cut the carrots into 5cm (2-inch) long, fine shreds.
- Cut the bamboo shoots, courgettes and pepper into 5cm (2-inch) fine shreds also. Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, drain them and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Trim off the stems and shred the caps into 5cm (2-inch) long strips.
- Finely shred the celery heart, peppers and pressed bean curd.
- Separate and wash the lettuce leaves, spin the leaves dry in a salad spinner and set them aside in the refrigerator.
- Heat a wok or large frying-pan over high heat until it is hot.
- Add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, shallots and spring onions and stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Then add the carrots and stir-fry for another minute.
- Now add the remaining vegetables (except the lettuce), the soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry, vegetarian oyster sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Turn onto a platter.
- Arrange the lettuce and noodles on separate platters, put the Hoisin Sauce into a small bowl, and serve at once.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say