- 8 crisp eating apples
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 85 g sultanas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tblsp soft light brown sugar
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- vegetable oil spray
- Preheat the oven to (190°C/Gas 5). Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Peel and core the apples and chop them into 1cm dice.
- Toss the pieces in a bowl with the lemon juice, sultanas, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Lay out a sheet of filo, spray with vegetable oil and lay a second sheet on top. Repeat with a third sheet.
- Spread over half the apple mixture and roll up lengthways, tucking in the ends to enclose the filling.
- Repeat to make a second strudel.
- Slide onto a baking sheet, spray with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the strudel warm or cold, dredged with icing sugar and accompanied by low fat crème fraiche.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say