- 0.50 onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 carrots (scrubbed, topped and tailed, but not peeled)
- 125 g dried red lentils
- 0.25 tsp dried cumin
- 0.25 tsp dried ginger
- 0.25 tsp dried coriander
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 0.50 red chilli (finely sliced)
- handful of fresh chopped coriander
- Simmer the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Then add the carrots, lentils and dried herbs and spices.
- Add in the stock and boil until the carrots are cooked and the lentils look slightly mushy.
- Add in the sliced chilli.
- When the soup has cooled slightly, whiz it with a hand blender and then add the fresh coriander.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say