- 250 g lemon sole fillets (skinned)
- zest of 2 limes
- 3-4 tablespoon first cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp maldon sea salt
- 4 plum tomatoes (peeled, seeded and cut into strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (cored, seeded and finely sliced)
- juice of 3 limes
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven 100°C.
- First make a lime and salt mixture to garnish the dish. Place the lime zest on an oven tray and gently cook in the pre-heated oven 45-60 minutes until it has dried out completely. Then remove from the oven and leave to cool. Put the Maldon salt and the cooled dried lime zest in a grinder and blend until fine and set aside.
- Cut the sole fillets into thin strips and place in a bowl with the limejuice and olive oil, stir gently coating all the fish. Cover with Clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours at least. When it is ready the fish will be opaque and firm as if it has been cooked.
- Thirty minutes before serving stir in tomatoes, green peppers and coriander. Season to taste and return the ceviche to the fridge until service.
- Use the lime peel to run some juice over the rim of four Margarita serving glasses. Put the lime and salt mixture on a plate and dip the limed rims of the glasses in the mixture to give an even coating all around the glass.
- Divide the ceviche among the 4 glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander sprigs and serve at once.