A tasty variation on steak tartar.
- very fresh mackerel fillets
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 4 spring onions (very finely chopped)
- handful of chives (finely chopped)
- 1 dsp of soya sauce
- 25 ml mirrin
- 1 lime (juice)
- 10 g seaweed
- Chop the mackerel fillets finely.
- Add in the shallots, chives, spring onion, soya, mirrin, lime juice and stir through.
- Check seasoning and flavour, adjust as necessary.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips