You can get great results from a relatively simple combination of fruit, nice crunchy biscuits and cream.
- biscuits of your choice
- eau de vie (or any fruit liqueur)
- seasonal selection of fruit
- cream and mascarpone
- vanilla pod
- Crumble the biscuits into the bottom of glasses and add the alcohol, in my case eau de vie, and let it soak in while we cut up the fruit to go on top.
- This can be soft, ripe fruit when in season or slightly cooked fruit with a little sugar added. Next comes a layer of fruit and/or fruit coulis sauce.
- Next comes a layer of cream which I have made a little more rich by adding mascarpone and mixing it well.
- Cut the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add for extra flavour. Then start the layers all over again for a simple, delicious dessert.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Black Pudding & Apple Tart: Trish Deseine, Today
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb