A tasty dinner for all the family in under 30 minutes. Served with celeriac and celery remoulade.
- 1 head of celery
- 1 medium celeriac
- 200 ml crème fraiche or greek yoghurt
- 1 tblsp dijon
- 1 tblsp wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tblsp chopped capers
- handful flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (skin removed)
- knob butter
- splash olive oil
- few sprigs thyme
- extra squeeze lemon juice
- First 10 minutes:
- First, make the remoulade. Slice the celery very thinly. Chop the top and bottom of the celeriac. It should sit still on your board. Chop the skin off, using a knife, removing the skin from top to bottom. Then cut into thin, square slices. Then chop these into long, thick strips. Mix with the celery, crème fraiche, both mustards, lemon juice and capers. Mix really well and add the parsley and season well. It will be fine for an hour or two.
- 10- 15 minutes:
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Slice the chicken breasts in half, horizontally. Place the pieces of breast, one at a time, and cover with cling film and then bash them flat with a rolling pin so that you end up with wide, flat and thin chicken breasts.
- 15-20 minutes:
- Heat up the butter and olive oil, and brown the chicken pieces. Season them with plenty of black pepper and then transfer to a roasting tin or other serving dish. When all the breasts are done, add a good splash of water and lemon juice to de-glaze the frying pan.
- 20-30 minutes:
- Pour this over the chicken along with a few sprigs of thyme, cover loosely with tin foil and cook in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until cooked through. Serve with a big spoonful of the remoulade.
Celeriac: Low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. High in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Potassium, Fiber, Magnesium and Manganese. Complements weight loss. Capers: Capers contain calcium and iron as well as being a good source of Vitamins A and E. Celery: Celery is the best vegetable source of naturally occurring sodium, is high in potassium and has almost zero calories.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Blackberry Pancakes: The Ketogenic Kitchen
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show