A tasty, luxurious treat.
- 550 ml cream
- 75 g icing sugar
- 400 g melted butter
- 150 g cocoa powder
- 8 egg yolks
- 225 g caster sugar
- 150 g good quality dark chocolate (melted)
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with a double lining of cling film.
- Gently whip the cream with the icing sugar and keep the mixture in the fridge until required.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar with an electric whisk until the mixture holds the figure of eight. The mixture should have more than doubled in size and volume.
- Add the cocoa powder to the melted butter and fold in the melted butter mixture into the egg mixture.
- Add in melted chocolate and gently fold the chocolate in. At this stage the mixture will begin to thicken slightly.
- Remove the cream from the fridge and incorporate it gently into the mixture and transfer into the prepared loaf tin. Allow to set for up to 12 hours or preferably overnight.
- Garnish with a little mascarpone cream cheese and fresh mint.
- To Serve:
- Dust with icing sugar and serve to the salivating guests.
Kevin's tip: You can easily swap the dark chocolate for white chocolate simply by leaving out the cocoa and adding a little extra white chocolate.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon