Delicious with a scoop of icecream and some fresh, organic berries.
- 2 lbs. non stick loaf tin
- 225 g self raising flour
- 110 g treacle
- 110 g butter
- 110 g demerara sugar
- 175 g golden syrup
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp all spice
- 1 egg (organic)
- 3 ripe bananas(organic)
- Put flour and dried ginger in a bowl.
- Melt treacle, butter, sugar, syrup, and ground spices in a small saucepot.
- Beat egg and bananas well.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush the loaf tin with butter and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Pour the batter in and knock the tin on the work surface to knock out any trapped bubbles.
- Place in a pre heated oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour at 160°C (gas 2 ½).
- Serve with your favourite organic ice cream and organic berries.
More by Oscar Lai:
- Savoury Pancakes
- Homemade French Chocolate Truffles
- Vietnamese Fresh Summer Rolls and Sweet Birds Eye Chilli Dipping Sauce