A novel way to enjoy this season's oysters
- oysters stout hollandaise:
- 36 each oyster
- 500 g unsalted butter
- 5 each egg yolks
- 250 ml stout
- 1 each lemon
- spinach and smoked bacon:
- 200 g baby spinach
- 50 g smoked streaky bacon
- 10 g butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- In a pot reduce boil the stout until it has reduced to a little less than half, set aside to cool.
- Melt the butter and place beside you in a jug that will be easy to pour from. Take a large round bottom bowl and place it over a pot of simmering water.
- Place the eggs and cooled stout into the bowl. Whisk this mix until the eggs become thick. Now remove the bowl from the heat and very slowly add the melted butter while continuing to whisk, it may be a good idea to enlist some help with this.
- Take care to add as little milk solids from the bottom of the butter jug as possible as this may split your sauce.
- Now check the seasoning and add a small squeeze of lemon.
- Wilted Spinach:
- In a hot pot add a dash of oil and fry the finely chopped bacon for 2-3 minutes and add the butter.
- Add in the spinach and turn in the pot until all the spinach has been wilted down. Remove from the heat and add seasoning and nutmeg
- To Serve:
- Place a layer of rock salt on the bottom of each plate. This will stop the oyster from sliding around. Place the oysters neatly on top of the salt and garnish with a little sea weed.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce