Put your leftover Sunday roast to use with this great snack.
- 200 g left over pork (cubed)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet baby fresh spinach
- finely chopped onion
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Melt butter and sugar together on a hot pan, until it starts to colour.
- Add onions and sauté lightly.
- Add vermouth and check seasoning.
- Add pork and fresh spinach and mix.
- Mix the egg yolk and water together for glaze.
- Roll out puff pastry and add the ingredients to the centre and roll up like a sausage.
- Make sure all the edges are sealed with egg yolk and water. Glaze with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Great served as a lunch time treat served with a light side salad.