Oysters Ohoi with Richie Wilson
- 36 (shuck) oysters
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 finely diced shallot
- 100 ml raspberry vinegar
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- shallot vinaigrette:
- 1 diced shallot per oyster
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- Raspberry Vinaigrette:
- Finely dice the shallot and place in a bowl with the fresh raspberries.
- Using a fork, crush the raspberries into a paste. Add a squeeze of lemon and the raspberry vinegar. It is best to make this just before you serve but it will keep for a day or two in the fridge.
- Serve your fresh Shuck (opened ) oysters in the half shell on crushed ice.
- Use some fresh sea weed to garnish the plate. To get a really green, fresh colour from the sea weed, dip it into some boiling water until the color changes and then into cold water before using it.
- Serve the dressing in a bowl in the centre with a small spoon, allowing people to use as little or as much as they would like.
- Finally place a few lemon wedges and Tabasco in the centre of the table to give a little variation for each oyster.
- The traditional accompaniments are: 2 Lemons, 1 btl Tabasco
- Shallot Vinaigrette: Combine the ingredients and allow to marinate in a fridge over night.
Richie's tip: Richie uses the Native Irish oysters, Ostrea Edulis, also known as the European Flat Oyster.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce