Try this flavoursome and healthy vegetarian curry.
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine (cut into 2cm chunks)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 1 red chilli (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tblsp garam masala
- 400 g can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh coriander
- 125 g baby spinach leaves
- brown basmati rice, to serve
- Heat 2tblsp of oil in a non stick pan over a high heat. Toss the aubergine chunks in the oil until golden. Lift out and drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat 1tbls of oil and gently fry the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, chilli and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir the garam masala and sweet potato with the onion mixture until well coated.
- Add the coconut milk, tin of tomatoes, sweet potato and chickpeas, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir through the coriander and spinach which will wilt down.
- Serve with basmati rice.
More by Rozanne Stevens:
- Monica's Berry Baileys Meringue Roulade
- Monica's Magic Molten Chocolate Pudding
- Norman's Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Lively Salsa