Comfort food of the best sort.
- 4 x 150g plaice fillets
- dash oil
- 60 g plain flour
- drop lemon
- knob butter
- for the sauce:
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced, peeled and deseeded)
- 1 med diced red onion
- 20 chopped black olives
- 60 g baby capers
- pinch chopped chives
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g ruby chard (picked and washed)
- knob and dash butter and olive oil
- 1 clove garlic puree
- For the Plaice:
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Wash and dry the fish fillets, season and lightly dust with flour.
- Place the fish in the hot pan and add the butter, colour golden brown on both sides, add a drop of lemon juice.
- When cooked remove from the pan and drain the oil, reserve.
- For the Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan, add the red onion and sweat until slightly soft, without colour.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, chives and check the seasoning, warm through.
- For the chard, heat the oil in a pot add the butter and chopped garlic add the washed chard and season.
- Stir quickly until the leaves wilt, drain well.
- Arrange the chard in the middle of the plate the fish on top and the dressing around.
- Best served with Rooster mashed potatoes.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce