A pie for all seasons. Humble by name but not by nature.
- main ingredients:
- 75 g chocolate biscuits
- 75 g digestive biscuits
- 55 g unsalted butter (melted)
- ingredients for filling:
- 220 g mascarpone cheese
- 260 g unsalted shelled peanuts
- 100 g caster sugar
- 240 ml double cream
- 25 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Method for pie base:
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and bash with rolling pin until they resemble crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter and mix. Spoon into an 8 inch pie dish and flatten down with the back of a spoon and leave in fridge until needed.
- For homemade peanut butter:
- Roast off peanuts in oven at 200°C until golden brown.
- Remove and put in food processor, blitz until butter like consistency with few chunky bits.
- Pie method:
- In a mixing bowl beat the cheese, peanut butter, sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Whip cream until stiff; be careful not to over whip or you will have butter!
- Fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture. Pour into the pie base and put back into the fridge for a few hours to let it set.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones