A light and tasty snack.
- makes four portions:
- 24 shallots (approx 5 per portion, depending on size)
- 4 x 10cm discs jus roll puff pastry
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 20 g butter
- 20 ml sunflower oil
- salsa verde
- (4 portions)
- 15 g flat leaf parsley
- 5 g mint leaves
- 3 tblsp capers (drained)
- 6 anchovy fillets (drained)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.5 lemon (juiced)
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sweat shallots in oil and butter until golden brown and roast in the oven until cooked through (approximately 15 mins).
- Roll Puff Pastry and cut into 11cm discs.
- Line 10cm non-stick tartlet moulds with puff pastry.
- Place shallots around the pastry, tightly packed together – approximately six per portion.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 mins at 200°C.
- Turn out onto a tray and sprinkle with Crozier Blue Cheese, place under the grill for 1 minute – just enough to melt the cheese.
- To present:
- Place the Tatin in the centre of the plate.
- Arrange the courgette and overnight tomatoes alternatively around the plate.
- Drizzle with Salsa Verde.