A winner after dinner. Ok, any hour of the day.
- 4 oz dark chocolate (60-70%)
- 0.25 pint whole milk
- 6 oz madeira cake crumbs
- 2 oz butter (soft)
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp margarine (for greasing bowl)
- 3 tblsp cocoa powder
- 1 pint pudding bowl
- small piece of baking parchment (cut to fit the bottom of bowl)
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces place into saucepan, add the milk and melt slowly.
- Stirring all the time, bring to the boil.
- Put the cake crumbs into a small bowl and add the chocolate mixture and mix well with a fork.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla extract and add the soaked chocolate crumbs.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Grease the pudding bowl with margarine, put in the baking parchment round and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Gently shake off the excess cocoa powder.
- Put the mixture into the pudding bowl, wrap with a pleated piece of baking parchment and tie securely under the rim of the bowl.
- Put a piece of pleated tin foil over this, tie securely.
- Make a loop on top for easy removal of the pudding.
- Put pudding into a saucepan of boiling water that comes half way up the bowl.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and steam for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes until set.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes and then invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve with whipped cream, clotted cream or ice-cream.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox
- American Style Pancakes: P'Cake Tues Countdown
- Almond and Chocolate Hungarian Torte