The perfect gravy to accompany your roast dinner.
- 2 carrots
- 2 stick celery
- 1 shallot
- 2 cup port
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 bottle red wine
- 1.5 beef stock
- Sweat the vegetables in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the balsamic vinegar & reduce by half.
- Add the port & reduce further.
- Add the red wine & reduce again.
- Finally add the beef stock & continue to reduce until gravy consistency is achieved.
More by Rachel Allen:
- Milk Ice Cream: A little DIY, A lot of Taste
- Chocolate Meringue Cake: A serious picnic bonus
- Fennel, pink grapefruit, feta salad: Rachel Allen