Tracy Piggott serves up this delicious Almond Tart.
- 110 g ground almonds
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tsp pastis or ricard
- 9 fresh figs
- 30 g flaked almonds
- 30 g lavender honey
- for the pastry:
- 280 g plain flour
- 175 g unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 large free range egg (at room temperature)
- 2 tblsp cold water
- for the chantilly cream:
- 284 ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod (sliced down the middle)
- 20 g icing sugar
- First make the pastry. Sift the flour into a large bowl and toss in the cubed butter. Use your fingertips to rub them together until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and water and mix with a fork until the dough is formed. Knead for 2-3 minutes on a lightly floured surface and wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Grease and dust 6 small tart tins with flour (or one large 10-inch tart tin) and line each with the pastry, return to fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- To make the filling beat the ground almonds, sugar, eggs and Pastis in a bowl and pour into the chilled tart tins. Slice the figs and place on top of the mixture, sprinkle with the flaked almonds and drizzle with honey. Bake the tarts in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- To make the Chantilly cream, whisk the cream until it forms thick folds and stir in the vanilla seeds and the icing sugar.
More by Tracy Piggott:
- Lemon Sole with spring vegetables in a Bercy sauce
- Coriander-Infused Shellfish Risotto With Desmond Cheese and Black Truffle
- Venison Hot Pot With Potato Rosette And Roast Root Vegetables