Why not try these delicious cranberry muffins by the National Bakery School?
- 250 g cream flour
- 12.5 g baking powder
- 2.5 g salt
- 110 g caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 30 ml orange juice
- 1 egg
- 120 ml milk
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 100 g bramley apple (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- for the topping:
- 30 g caster sugar
- 50 g flour
- 30 g butter
- 2.5 g cinnamon
- Sieve 250g flour with the baking powder and the salt. Stir 110g caster sugar into the flour mix.
- Soak dried cranberries and orange juice for 30 minutes. Add with liquids.
- Mix egg, milk, vegetable oil, bramley apple and orange zest together. Add to dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon just until combined and still lumpy. Do not overmix. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- For the topping:
- Rub ingredients together to a lumpy crumb. Chill for 5 minutes in freezer before sprinkling on top. After spooning into tins, sprinkle on top. Dust with icing sugar after baking.
- Bake at 210° for 20-25 minutes.
Christmas recipes from the National Bakery School, Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street, Dublin 8.