Need a recipe for a big night? Here it is.
- 6 fillets turbot
- 200 g potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 110 g chorizo (diced)
- 50 ml champagne (or prosecco)
- 30 g cream
- 150 g baby green beans (trimmed)
- 150 g baby carrots (peeled and blanched)
- 150 g baby sweetcorn
- 30 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First make the potato baskets, dry the grated potato in a clean tea towel to remove some of the moisture.
- Season with salt and pepper, and place some potato between two stainless steel ladles to form a basket shape.
- Put the ladle into hot oil and deep fry until crisp for a couple of minutes.
- When golden brown remove the potato basket from the ladle and drain on some kitchen paper.
- Champagne Sauce:
- To make the sauce, sweat the onions and garlic in half the oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced chorizo and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Champagne and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the cream and reduce by the liquid again by half.
- Strain the sauce and keep warm.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and fry in the rest of the olive oil over high heat until it is golden, then turn over and cook on the other side for about 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Sauté the vegetables in the butter and arrange in the potato basket.
- Place on a serving dish.
- Place the fish alongside and coat with the chorizo sauce.