Give your pasta a new taste.
- 3 chicken breasts (sliced thinly)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and crushed)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 150 g button mushrooms (sliced)
- 25 ml vodka
- 50 ml cream
- 6 slices proscuitto (cut into strips)
- 200 g pasta (penne or rigatoni)
- 40 g parmesan (grated)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the garlic and onion in the oil for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken strips and continue to sauté for another 8-10 minutes.
- Toss in the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are soft.
- Add the vodka to the sauce and cook out a little and then add the cream and reduce the liquid by more than half, until it has a thick sauce-like consistency, then add the Proscuitto, season and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until 'al dente'.
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Allow the flavours to mingle and serve in warm bowls garnished with the Parmesan cheese.