A wholesome meal for all the family.
- 200 g dried tagliatelle
- 2 rashers bacon (cut into lardons)
- 2 cloves of garlic-diced
- 5 mushrooms-sliced
- 1 medium sized onion (finely diced)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 200 ml double cream
- 25 g fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Half fill a large pan with water. Season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Heat a medium wok.
- Fry the bacon for 1-2 minutes, with the diced garlic, onion and mushrooms to seal.
- Pour in the eggs and stir occasionally for 1 minute. (You do not want a consistency like scrambled eggs.)
- Stir in the cream and mix well to incorporate all the eggy mixture. (If you are a little nervous about this route you could mix the eggs and cream together off the heat before adding them to the hot pan.)
- To serve, season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and fold in the parsley.
- Soft fresh herbs should always be added to cooked dishes just before serving, to retain colour and flavour.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale