One when you want to make a real impression!
- 4 x 200g sea trout fillets
- 460 g squid ink tagliatelle (115g per person)
- 200 g fresh mussels
- 200 g fresh clams
- 200 ml white wine
- 400 ml cream
- 2 each shallots
- 300 g baby spinach
- 1 pinc nutmeg
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 200 g grated parmesan
- olive oil
- Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to the boil and add a drop of olive oil. Now add your fresh pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes before straining, seasoning and setting to one side.
- Heat a wide base pan (ensure you have a lid to fit) and drizzle a little olive oil over it. Now add the shallots, half the garlic and thyme followed by the white wine. Bring the wine to the boil and add the mussels and clams. Place a lid on top and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to open.
- Now strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a clean pot. Return the pot with the shellfish stock in it to the heat and continue to boil until reduced by half. Add the cream to the stock and continue simmering until the cream begins to thicken. Now add the parmesan cheese, a little squeeze of lemon and season.
- Pick the meat clam and mussels from the shells and add to the cream sauce. Add the pre-cooked pasta to this pot now and turn it well in order to get the sauce all the way through the pasta.
- To cook the trout simply drizzle a little olive oil on each side and season on each side. Place on a hot pan. A 200g fillet will only take 2-3 minutes each side to cook.
- To cook the spinach, heat a wide base pot with a little olive oil, add the remaining garlic and spinach. Turn quickly over a high heat and season with a little nutmeg.
- To present this dish, curl the pasta with a fork and place to one side of the plate and spoon a little more of the sauce and shellfish over. Place the spinach on the opposite side with the trout on top. Garnish with a little shaved parmesan.