- 250 g short pastry
- 200 g sweet mince meat
- 25 g ground almonds
- 45 g caster sugar
- 25 g icing sugar
- 115 g butter
- 15 g egg white
- 1 egg
- 105 g cream flour
- star cut outs (from sweet paste scraps)
- Base Line an 8” pie plate with paste. Spread mincemeat on paste.
- Mixture Cream the ground almonds, 25g of the caster sugar, the icing sugar, the egg white and 75g of butter together until light. Stream in the egg and clear. Add 35g of cream flour to clear. Deposit onto and spread over apple and apricots.
- Streusel Cream together 40g of butter and 20g caster sugar. Blend 70g of cream flour to form crumble. Sprinkle crumble on to mixture.
- Bake at 180° C for 35-40 minutes. When cool, dust with icing sugar.
Christmas recipes from the National Bakery School, Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street, Dublin 8.