- 2 medium skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tblsp plain flour
- 60 g salted butter (plus a little extra for the sauce)
- 150 ml martini bianco
- freshly ground black pepper
- for serving:
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board, cut in half horizontally and lay a piece of cling-film on top. Use a meat mallet to flatten the breasts to a thickness of 5mm.
- Put the flour on a flat plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Lay the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour and lightly coast on both sides. Place in the pan and gently fry in the butter for about 3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the Martini and using a match or a lighter, “flame the alcohol”. Allow the alcohol to burn off, then cook for a further 2 minutes and season with salt.
- Place the scaloppini on a serving plate.
- Add an extra knob of butter to the pan. Mix well over a medium heat then pour immediately over the chicken.
- Serve with a salad of spinach leaves dressed with extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say