- 150 g chocolate (55%)
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 45 g plain flour
- 3 egg whites
- 80 g caster sugar
- salt (pinch)
- Place the broken chocolate in a bowl and rest over a pot of simmering water to melt.
- When melted remove from heat, cut the butter into cubes and add to the melted chocolate.
- Stir in until the butter is totally combined.
- Next add the egg yolks and stir in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white, when they begin to turn white and fluffy add the sugar and whisk to a 'stiff peak'.
- Sieve the flour and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Add 1/3 of the egg white and mix in, then fold in the remainder, season with a pinch of salt.
- Pour into 4 buttered moulds and bake in a preheated oven at 140 Celsius for 10 minutes (the centres should be soft).
- Serve with date ice cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say