- 500 g chicken breast (skinned and cut into 2.5-4 cm (1-1½ in) cubes)
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 200 g onions (finely chopped)
- 100 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tblsp split coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 0.50 tsp fresh root ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- 3 tblsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tblsp patak's korma curry paste
- 2 tblsp chopped cashew nuts
- salt, to taste
- In a wok or heavy based frying pan heat the oil and add the bay leaves, ground turmeric and coriander seeds.
- When they sizzle add the onions.
- Cook the onions until translucent and add the tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and stir in Patak's Korma Curry Paste.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken.
- Stir, cover and leave the masala to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, stir in the cashew nuts and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say