- 4 slices bread (or 2 bagels, halved)
- 4 rindless rashers maple-cured bacon
- 175 g cream cheese
- 0.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- few drops of natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (warmed)
- Pre-heat the grill to its hottest setting. Toast the slices of bread or bagel halves until lightly browned.
- Cook the bacon under the grill until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread the toasted bread with the cream cheese mixture and top two slices or bagel halves with the bacon.
- Flash under a hot grill for 30 seconds, then top with the other remaining toast or bagel halves.
- To serve:
- Press well together, cut in half and serve the sandwiches as they are or with a little maple syrup or honey drizzled over the top.