- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 6 large bramley apples
- 240 ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 oz granulated sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry to 1/8” thick and then cut out 6 rounds 6” in diameter.
- Place the rounds on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and refrigerate.
- Place apple juice, sugar and cinnamon stick in a heavy saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency.
- Peel the apples and cut in half, remove the core and slice as thinly as possible.
- Remove the pastry rounds from the fridge and place the apples on top, slightly overlapping each other, brush the apples with apple glaze and sprinkle with sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve at once and this is delicious eaten with ice-cream.