- 100 ml whipping cream or crême frâiche
- 4 tblsp sweetened chestnut puree
- 4 meringues or meringue shells
- crème de marron (the key ingredient, comes in different sizes from small to huge tins, even in tubes like toothpaste)
- Mont Blanc:
- Whip the cream. Then either fold the chestnut puree into it, creating a swirled effect and place a large dollop on the meringue or keep them separate, and put a tablespoon of chestnut puree on the meringue and some whipped cream on top.
- If you add the ultimate indulgence of a lovely rich chocolate sauce, it’s a great dessert to share with a loved one.
- For the Sauce:
- Add slightly salted butter to good quality chocolate and cream in a pan. Then melt the three ingredients together over a bain marie and once the butter and chocolate are practically melted, stir it together slowly until the ingredients are blended.
- To Serve:
- Simply pour the chocolate sauce over the top of your Mont Blanc.