- cured bacon (cut into 1cm lengths)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 0.50 tsp caster sugar
- salad leaves
- Heat frying pan. Add bacon. Cook until crisp and a rich golden colour.
- Wash some fresh salad leaves.
- Make the dressing, mix the olive oil, white wine vinegar, caster sugar and a teaspoon of whole grain mustard together, taste and check seasoning.
- Place the salad leaves in the middle of a plate, drizzle over some dressing, finish with cooked bacon.