These Jerusalem artichokes are the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas roast!
- 1 kg jerusalem artichokes (peeled)
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 75 g rough breadcrumbs
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tblsp hazelnut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the Jerusalem artichokes for 6-8 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, prepare the breadcrumbs. Heat half of the butter and oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the crumbs for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and add the remaining butter and oil. Sauté the Jerusalem artichokes over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until golden. Season to taste.
- Spoon the Jerusalem artichokes out into a serving bowl. Scatter the crispy golden crumbs and parsley over and drizzle with the hazelnut oil.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips