A tasty and interesting way to prepare broccoli.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100 g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 l corn oil
- Snap off the stems of broccoli and cook for 2 mins in salted boiling water.
- Remove and cool down in cold water- remember this stops the cooking.
- Mix the nutmeg and Cajun seasoning with a good pinch of salt and pepper in the breadcrumbs.
- Now get 3 bowls, you put flour in the 1st- the beaten eggs into another and the breadcrumbs in 3rd one.We are going to dip the cooled broccoli into the flour 1st then into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.Your broccoli should be totally covered in crumbs now- if not just repeat, flour, egg, breadcrumb.
- I don't know about you but I don't have a deep fat fryer at home so this is how I do it (but if you do then use that).
- Put your corn oil into a pot a warm it up for about 5-7 mins if you want to see if it's ready just take a piece of broccoli and drop it in it should start to cook at once.
- Cook broccoli until golden brown remove from oil and place onto some kitchen paper this will soak up any of that extra oil. And serve.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips