A fantastic way to jazz up brussel sprouts!
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 50 g butter
- salt and pepper
- Get a pot of water on and bring it to the boil put in about half teaspoon of salt.
- Now the sprouts - just trim of the bottoms and wash in cold water, next when the water in your pot has come to the boil put your sprouts in and cook for 3-4 mins. Remember not to cover any green veg.
- Take the sprouts out of the pot and cool them down in cold water (this will stop them from cooking).
- Next take your onions and garlic with the butter and put them into a frying pan let them cook slowly for a minute or two.
- Put your sprouts in add the nutmeg , salt and pepper and serve.
- Just one or two more tips for those sprouts. Slice up some nice Irish smoked bacon and add it to the pan while frying the sprouts. It will add a great flavour...or crumble some nice blue cheese and finish under the grill.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips